"Wine is sunlight held together by water." - Galileo Galilei

"Wine is sunlight held together by water." - Galileo Galilei

Thursday, May 19, 2011

2008 Ernst & Co Pinotage

I'm baaaack! Though I have taken a rather long hiatus from my oenophilia/editorial/critical duties, I finally decided to jump back in... what a great feeling to be writing again and what a splendid wine to start with... and what a terrific value at that! The wine... 2008 Ernst & Co Pinotage.

One word- Good. Delicious South African wine that I found on clearance for four dollars a bottle... I think I just might buy a case... or two!

Eye- dark garnet

Nose- smoke and ripened fruit

Mouth feel- soft and warm

Taste- smoked bacon, ripened berrries and tobacco on the front with a subtle vanilla coming in to the tart blackberry finish that stays on your palate.

Rating- 7.5/10! drink now

No comments:

Post a Comment