"Wine is sunlight held together by water." - Galileo Galilei

"Wine is sunlight held together by water." - Galileo Galilei

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2009 NORTON MALBEC

I bought this at an Airforce base about six months ago. I had a beautiful guest come over for dinner this past week and I wanted her to help me clear out some of my wines in the closet; I hadn't had a Malbec in a while.




Eye- dark garnet


Nose- coffee and ripe berries

Mouth feel- astringent at first, then it softens

Taste- unbalanced, tannins (too young perhaps) come to the front, but quickly give way to tart, earthy, cherries and light fruit. it finishes fairly well.



Decant this wine and pair with a sharp cheese or perhaps a gamey meat.


I definitely enjoyed who was across the table from me more than what was in my glass;) I saw one review score it at 90... I'm not a sommelier but I know when I've found a wine that I won't buy again. On the other hand, I never enjoy a malbec quite like I do my zins and cabs, so perhaps it's a matter of subjectivity.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment